|Title:||Samsung SGH-i617 Windows Mobile 6.1 OS Update|
|Released:||2008 Aug 29|
Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SGH-i617 (AT&T) which is recommended to be installed. This update includes an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1 and numerous software enhancements. The update may take between 10-15 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.
Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard AKU 1.0.1
Windows Mobile 6.1 includes new features such as:
- New Look & Feel: Using Windows Mobile 6.1, an easy-to-use Sliding Panel homescreen allows you quick access to your Samsung i617 primary functions by simply sliding vertically and horizontally through the homescreen panels.
- System Center Mobile Device Manager (SCMDM): When enabled by your business IT department, SCMDM provides device management enhancements and secure data access to your corporate network.
- Improved GPS Navigation: With AT&T Navigator and assisted-GPS (aGPS), the Samsung i617 leverages both satellite and cellular technology to get you there on time.
- Threaded SMS Messaging: Rather than seeing a stand-alone response when you open an SMS message, youll view the details of your entire conversation. Now you can easily see how the conversation has progressed.
- Internet Connection Sharing: Utilize your smartphone capabilities by using your phone as a high-speed wireless modem for your laptop. Its easy to set up and even easier to connect. Just click and go!
- Mobile Banking: Perform secure banking transactions with many of the nations largest banks right from your Samsung i617.
- Voice Command: Voice Command transforms your Samsung i617 into your own virtual personal assistant, letting you use your voice to look up contacts, make phone calls, get calendar information, and play and control your music, as well as start programs.