|Title:||HTC Magic ROM Upgrade with HTC Sense UI|
|Released:||2010 Jan 28|
|Description:||An updated ROM is now available for HTC Magic customers to download. As always, HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience.
This ROM Upgrade for your HTC Magic will let you experience HTC SenseTM on your phone. HTC SenseTM lets you create a phone just right for you. You can customize your experience to be any way you like. Discover intuitive experiences that make everything you do on your phone effortless and delightful.
1. There are two steps for the RUU:
* First step will upgrade three programs (At the end of this step the screen will show “Boot-Fail” about 5 seconds, and this is the normal scenario, please let the Magic keep running to second step.)
* Second Step will continue updating 5 programs, and it will spend around 10 minutes for the whole upgrade process, please be patient for the upgrade.
2. This is a generic software update. Any additional software or settings provided by your mobile operator or company will be lost. If you require this customization, please contact your supplier first before upgrading.
Please note that this upgrade will erase any data stored on the phone. We recommend that you back up all your data before performing this upgrade.
3. The update will take up to 10 minutes, DO NOT interrupt the update process, make/receive phone calls, disconnect the phone from the PC, or press any buttons until the process has been completed.
1. Hardware Requirements (PC)
1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
150 MB of available free hard disk space
USB 2.0 is required
2. Software Requirements - Supported Operating Systems (PC)
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
3. Installation Instructions
Before you proceed the ROM Update Utility (RUU), please confirm the following items:
(1) This software upgrade is a newer version than what is currently installed on your phone. If it is the same version and your phone is operating normally, there is no need to reinstall the software.
To check what version is installed on your phone, press Home > Menu > Settings > About phone > Build number, and note the Build number.
(2) HTC Sync has been installed on your PC. HTC Sync can be found on the MicroSD card that was shipped with your phone. You can also download and install HTC Sync at www.htc.com/www/support/
(3) Your phone is connected to your PC using a USB cable. The PC must recognize your phone. You will see a sync icon HTC Sync Icon.bmp in the taskbar once the phone has been connected.
(4) Standby and hibernation mode on your PC has been disabled.
(5) Close all running applications on the PC.
(6) The Screen unlock pattern has been disabled, press Home > Menu > Settings > Security and uncheck Require pattern
(7) Make sure that the battery level of the phone is at least 30% (at least 3 green blocks). To check the battery level, tap Home > Menu > Settings > About phone > Status > Battery level.
(8) Once the RUU is downloaded, launch the application on your PC and follow the instructions on screen.