|Title:||T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ MB200 OTA System Update|
|Released:||2010 Apr 9|
|Description:||For T-Mobile USA Motorola CLIQ MB200 smartphone. After downloading and installing the 1.4.8 (still Android 1.5) software release, you will notice:
Relocated “End Call” Button: The “End Call” key was relocated within the calling screen to reduce instances of unintentionally ending Active calls
Text Messaging: General improvements to text messaging - especially for longer message threads
Improved Battery Life: Enhanced battery performance
Improved Touch Screen Sensitivity: Improves the touch screen sensitivity and response of the device-including touch sensitivity for keys on or around the display borders
Improved Audio Quality for Calls: Enhances audio quality in certain scenarios in which users experienced issues
MOTOBLUR Set-Up Screen: Set-up wizard improved to make MOTOBLUR set-up for new users or those who have been prompted to re-enter information easier
Better Audio Routing: Repairs audio routing to prevent: spontaneous speakerphone activations during calls and the random occurrence of music playback through the earpiece instead of appropriate external speakers
Improved Caller Notification: Improves user interface performance-consistently notifying the user when a new call is coming in which reduces missed call notifications
Faster GPS Performance: Provides faster GPS performance for applications such as Google Maps, Geotagging of photos and other GPS functions
Support For Additional Windows Media Formats: Compatible with more media formats including .WMA and .WAV Windows media files
Bluetooth Improvements: Enables the user to listen to visual voicemail via Bluetooth and enables the Bluetooth car kit to sync to users device therefore the car kit can display the names of incoming callers and download phone book contacts (calls can now be made from the car kit display and enables users to view the call history list from the car kit display)
SIM Card Management: Enables user to import, export or delete contacts individually or in groups
Additional Stability: Additional device stability reduces occurrence of unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly
The Latest Versions of Google Applications: Updated Google Mobile Services application provides access to the latest Android 1.5 compatible versions of Google applications such as Maps, Talk, YouTube, Market, and more
Updated Quickoffice: Adds the ability to view documents in Microsoft® Office 2007 format
Instructions for installing software
1. For a successful installation, we recommend installing these updates while the battery in your phone is fully charged. Make sure you have an active SIM card installed in your phone.
2. This software update will be accomplished in two steps.
3. First Step: Select the Settings icon in the main menu.
4. Select About phone and then select System Updates.
5. Select Download;after the software is downloaded, select Install.
6. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
7. Second Step: After your phone restarts, you will receive a prompt to download the second update. If you are not automatically prompted for the second software update, you should manually check for updates. From the main menu, select the Settings icon, select About phone, select System Updates.
8. Select Download; after software is downloaded, select Install.
9. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
10. Your phone is now updated with 1.4.8 software.